Board of Supervisors Minutes - May 16, 2012
Meeting of the Board of Supervisors at their office, 200 E. Bridge St, Elkader, IA
Present: Larry Gibbs, Gary Bowden, Ron McCartney
Motion by McCartney, seconded by Gibbs, to approve the claims for payment as presented. Ayes: Gibbs, McCartney, Bowden
Motion by Gibbs, seconded by McCartney, to approve the renewal of the cigarette permit to Fast Trak, Inc. for fiscal year ending June 30, 2013. Ayes: Gibbs, McCartney, Bowden
A public hearing was conducted on a proposed resolution regarding the sale of the Supervisors Office property at 200 E. Bridge St, Elkader. No one from the public appeared and there were no comments or objections heard either written or oral. Motion by Gibbs, reluctantly seconded by McCartney, to approve resolution # 11-2012 regarding the sale of the Supervisors Office property. Ayes: Gibbs, McCartney, Bowden
Resolution # 11-2012
RE: Sale of Supervisors Office property
WHEREAS, Clayton County has real estate located within the City of Elkader, Iowa, that was acquired for and will be no longer needed as the County Board of Supervisors Office;
WHEREAS, Clayton County will benefit from the sale of the following described real estate and will promote the best interests of Clayton County by selling said real estate,
WHEREAS, in accordance with Chapter 331.361(2) of the CODE OF IOWA, 2011, notice of a public hearing is published in the Clayton County Register on May 2, 2012, for a hearing to be held on May 16, 2012,
BE IT THEREFORE RESOLVED, as follows:
The Board of Supervisors of Clayton County, Iowa, will sell by sealed bids on the 6th day of June, 2012, at 10:30 AM the real estate described as follows:
Commencing at the most northerly corner of Lot Four (4) in Block One (1), East Elkader, thence in a southwesterly direction along the southeasterly side of Main Street for 130 feet to the place of beginning, thence in a southeasterly direction parallel to High Street 105 ½ feet, thence in a southwesterly direction parallel to Main Street to the easterly bank of the Turkey River, thence northerly along the easterly bank of the river to the southeasterly line of Main Street, thence in a northeasterly direction along the southeasterly line of Main Street to the place of beginning, in Clayton County, Iowa, according to the recorded Plat thereof.
This property is subject to a perpetual easement given to the City of Elkader and recorded in Book 88, pages 173-178.
The property’s physical address is currently 200 E. Bridge St., Elkader, IA.
- Possession of the real estate will be given on or before August 15, 2012.
- An Abstract of Title will be furnished for examination through the date of the sale. A Warranty Deed will be delivered to the purchaser.
- The described real estate will be sold on an “as is” basis.
- Sealed bids will be received in the County Auditor’s Office until June 6, 2012, at 10:00 AM and opened at 10:30 AM in the Supervisors Office. Bids should state who the buyer’s name, address, phone number and the amount of the bid. The successful bidder will immediately upon acceptance of the bid by the Board of Supervisors make payment of 10% of the bid price as earnest money.
- Clayton County reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive any irregularities in the sale bidding procedure.
- The Chairperson of the Clayton County Board of Supervisors and the Clayton County Auditor are hereby authorized and empowered to sign any and all documents required for the sale of the described real estate.
- Further information regarding the public auction and sale of real estate may be obtained by contacting the Clayton County Board of Supervisors or County Auditor.
Upon recommendation of County Engineer, motion by Gibbs, seconded by McCartney, to award contracts to the apparent low bidders for the items of Class A Crushed Stone on Road & Modified sub base on Road of all six divisions except divisions III & IV which are for Class A Crushed Stone on Road only. The awards are made to:
Division I CJ Moyna & Sons, Elkader, IA $278,355.60
Division II Mielke Quarries, McGregor, IA $113,303.70
Division III CJ Moyna & Sons, Elkader, IA $206,678.30
Division IV Bruening Rock, Decorah, IA $262,847.30
Division V Kuhlman Construction, Colesburg, IA $253,225.50
Division VI Kuhlman Construction, Colesburg, IA. $166,724.66
Ayes: Gibbs, McCartney, Bowden
Motion by Gibbs, seconded by McCartney, to authorize the Chairman to sign the contracts for 2012 rock resurfacing. Ayes: Gibbs, Bowden, McCartney
Denise Ballard, IGHCP, met with the Board via telephone conference regarding the county health insurance program with a choice between the present platform with Wellmark or an alternative platform with Wellmark and resulting change in the county’s partial self funding component. Motion by Gibbs, seconded by McCartney, to approve the alternate platform proposal with IGHCP. Ayes: Gibbs, Bowden, McCartney
/s/ Gary Bowden, Chairman
/s/ Dennis Freitag, County Auditor
Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 June 2012 10:47